Call Us Today at: (407) 843-2003 or E-mail Us at:

Grandparent or Other Relative Custody

Under certain circumstances, it becomes necessary for the well-being of a child for their Grandparent or other relative to step in and temporarily assume the role of a parent, until the Mother or Father are able to reassert their role in the child's life. When a Grandparent or other relative assumes custody, legal problems may arise, such school enrollment or medical authorization issues.  Fortunately, the judicial system has established a method to place legal custody and custodial authority over a child temporarily with a Grandparent or other relative.  The relative may can ask a judge to place the child in their custody and grant them all  necessary legal authority to insure the child's best interests are protected.  

If you find yourself in a situation where you may need to serve as a child's custodian, please contact Attorney Marc Consalo for a consultation to learn how he can help you obtain the legal authority to best protect the child you love.

Contact Form

Thank you for your interest in The Consalo Law Firm, P.A. We look forward to working with you to resolve your legal dilemmas.